MOSCA Software Startup Procedure
Valid from: October 7. 2005
- Go to the computer called lisa.
- Click on the line
'marissa.not.iac.es Willing to manage'
- Click on Accept.
- Log in with username obs. Password will be supplied
by the staff.
- Type ssh obs@camilla
- Type cd mosca
- To start the BIAS CCD Control:
In an xterm type cd mosca and startbm.
- Images are stored in the directory /data/mosca.
- To start the FASU User Interface:
In another xterm type fasucontrol.
- To start the talker window:
In an xterm type talker /var/log/talker.
- Enter the TCS Access code (this is for the sequencer acquisition script):
In an xterm type /usr/local/bin/access_code.wsh.
- Start a Sequencer terminal to issue postprocessing commands:
In an xterm type seqterm and choose the MOSCA option.
- To start the MOSCA electronic observation log:
In an xterm type cd /data/mosca/ and then obslog-mosca MOnnmm\*,
where "nnmm" is the image prefix of the night.
- To exit the BIAS programme, type exit.
- To exit the FASU Control programme, click on the close icon in the
frame of the FASU control window.
- To exit the MOSCA Obs Log, click on the close icon in the frame of
the MOSCA Obs Log window.
The computer florence is used for image analysis using IRAF/MSCRED. On
florence, images made by MOSCA is found in the directory
/data/mosca. Be advised that this directory is
Updated by Jacob Clasen.