Method for cleaning the Balzer pressure sensor
According to Niels Michaelsen, IJAF, this is the method for cleaning the
NOTCam pressure sensor:
Remove the traps and the hole disc in the inlet.
- Remove the M4 screw and clamp outside.
- Loosen more than 3 rev. the M3 screw on the outside.
- Remove the grey cover.
- Remove the 3pc M4 screws, be careful about the O-rings.
- Remove the small electrode in the centre and the O-ring/dist. ring
- Remove the Pirani brass sensor.
- Remove the big ring magnet.
- In a lathe machine: polish the stainless base inside with some fine
grinding paper, polish the Penning electrode too. Don't keep the sensor on
the white Teflon disk. Clean the whole disk.
- Bake all inside parts.
- Make a proper samplings again. Take care of the O-rings! Don't forget
the light traps.