Logfile of openings.
- Print a copy of this checklist and check off each item as it is completed.
- Connect the motor controller to the instrument only by the Temp Cable,
power on the controller and check that the temperatures inside (#1, #2,
#3 and #4) are sufficiently high that NOTCam can be opened! It must be
well above the dew point (see figure below).
- Place NOTCam on its blue trolley lift according to the lines, with the
NOTCam entrance window to the right as seen from the table handle. Make
sure the trolley lift is secured in the "working level" position.
- Remove the metal belts.
- Dismount the array controller box, but don't disconnect the cables, and
place on the blue trolley next to the instrument. NB! Protect optical
- Roll NOTCam into the clean room after having wiped it free of dirt/dust on
the outside. Wash hands well. Turn on the clean room fan only if the outside
humidity is below 90%.
- Use wrench M10 to undo the 32 (?) nuts which keeps the lid on. Check carefully
that all are removed!
- Put optical paper in front of the vacuum valve and carefully open it
little by little.
- Connect the proved earth cable to the instrument and make sure the other end
is clipped to a mains earth pin. If convenient also connect the mains power
of the instrument to a socket but make sure the array controller is off.
make sure the Ionizer is running.
- put on the latex gloves.
- Open up the entrance window front, piece by piece:
- Dismount the entrance window (8 large screws)
- Take care with the O-ring
- Take off the insulation cap
- Dismount the black-painted baffle plate (8 screws)
- Dismount the goldplated spherical reflector (8 screws, don't touch the
Put the pieces on the table in the clean room with optical paper between
for protection. There is a small plastic envelope for the screws.
- When the entrance area is free, turn the two bolts (one in each diagonal
corner) to carefully lift the lid a few mm off the cold table base. Then
place NOTCam under the "hook" in the corner,
as far as possible towards the left wall (seen from the trolley handle).
Lift the trolley and connect the eyebolt on the lid top to the "hook".
Undo the safety pins on the trolley lift, and carefully lower the lift
while the lid is hanging left on the hook. Two persons are needed to make
sure that nothing touches on the sides. Free NOTCam from the lid and put
it in a working friendly place in the middle of the room. Secure the lift
in the "working level" position.
- After the vessel lide is removed put on the wrist earth straps before
touching anything inside the instrument, including the radiation shield.
- Loosen the screws that fix the radiation shield. Two persons are
required to lift it carefully off and place it safely on the top shelf.
- Remember to always to used the latex gloves and the earth straps when
touching NOTCam inside!
- Leave the clean room fan running slow and close the door when you leave
NOTCam open inside.