- In the control room make sure that the high-voltages (both UBV and RI) are
turned down to zero. The UBV is to the right of the CAMAC crate, the RI one
is integrated in the CRATE. Then turn off both high voltage power switches.
- Switch off the CAMAC crate power (switch is at the lower left of the box).
- Go to the dome and switch off the Turpol cooling unit (two red light switches)
and unplug its power cable.
- Switch off the power on the Turpol instrument polarimeter head. This
switch is labelled power, and the direction of ON is indicated.
- Disconnect the Turpol power cable and the ST4 TV camera power cord from
the mains in the adapter. DO NOT DISCONNECT ANY OTHER CABLE/WIRE FROM
- Put the Turpol trolley under the instrument flange and raise it up to
the top. Unscrew the green(!) bolts. Place the cooling unit on the lower
part of the trolley. Lower the trolley and move it to its storage place.
Activate the trolley brakes and fix the Turpol wooden lid. Then cover
the whole instrument with the black dust cover. Leave the long cables
nicely under the cable protecting metal structure on the dome floor.