Up: AiC Report to NOT
Tables 1 & 2 on the following pages distill all downtime recorded in
end-of-night and end-of-run reports for the period 2000-09-18 to
- Technical failures on scheduled observing nights: 32 hr
( , assuming an average hr night)
- Technical failures on tech nights: 4 hr
- Technical failures with visitor instruments: 6 hr
The major failures are associated with repeated building crashes
arising from three possible independent sources:
of the main hydrostatic bearing causing excessive friction and
- possible electronic noise in the building/telescope servo loop supplying
incorrect data to the TCS.
- possible problems with the safety system.
Tim Abbott, AiC
Wed Mar 21 12:56:05 GMT 2001