|Long Description||Takes single exposures at each pointing of a dither pattern. The pointings in a dither pattern are symmetrical around the initial pointing, except for the ABBA scripts, which starts with an exposure on initial pointing. It is possible to specify a negative offset size, in which case the offsets are performed in the opposite direction. |
The dither pattern can be one of the following listed below:
- [-e]: Echo script on stdout, do not execute
- [-t]: Simulate exposure only
- [-nowakeup]: no astrowakeup at the end of script
- <pattern> predefined dither pattern.
- <offset_size> telescope offset in arcsec between each exposure.
- <exptime> exposure time at each pointing.
- 2X : 2-point (X)
- 3X : 3-point (X)
- 5X : 5-point (X)
- 2Y : 2-point (Y)
- 3Y : 3-point (Y)
- 5Y : 5-point (Y)
- 5D : 5-point (dice 5)
- 4G : 2x2 grid
- 9G : 3x3 grid
- 16G : 4x4 grid
- ABBAX : A-B-B-A (X)
- ABBAY : A-B-B-A (Y)
alfosc.dither 3X 20 15   Makes a 3-point X dither pattern with a 15s exposure at each dither point and a 20" offset between each exposure.