FIES for MOSCA user
This page is aimed for MOSCA users who need to use FIES for over ride
programmes. The idea is just to show the core commands and the
details can be found from the
the FIES+STANCAM software (please ignore the first line "On lisa choose...")
. The FIES+STANCAM Sequencer
is usually in different work space in lisa than MOSCA.
- Run the
fies-calibs script in a sequencer window for the requested fibre,
- For example for the medium resolution fibre (a.k.a. fib 3)
fies.fies-calibs -fib 3
- The script can be run in the afternoon and takes about
45 minutes to complete.
Before starting FIES observations,
When all FIES observations are done
- write down the telescope focus for MOSCA,
assuming you have focused the telescope earlier using MOSCA.
- Setup the telescope for FIES:
(this will set the correct focus, camera-probe etc for fies)
- navigate to the correct directory (StanCam sequencer window), e.g.
- Run the fies-script (provided by the override PI) from the
StanCam sequencer window. Follow the instructions given by the script.
Make sure that the camera-probe is in the "park-position" and
that the telescope focus have correct value (close to
- Setup the telescope to MOSCA, type on a
(this will set the default telescope focus, park the camera-probe,
field rotation etc for MOSCA )
- Change the telescope focus, if needed
tcs.focus-positions "the number you wrote down earlier"
focus the telescope